After we consider Thanksgiving, we virtually instantly consider turkeys, proper? Sadly, most individuals are fascinated with consuming them relatively than appreciating what fascinating animals they’re. Greater than 45 million turkeys are killed every year for Thanksgiving.
Turkeys are clever and delicate—they take pleasure in listening to music, can acknowledge human faces, and are caring moms—and we should always give them a motive to be grateful. This yr, let’s admire them for who they’re—NOT what they style like—by making a cute hand turkey!
So ask your mother or father for assist, and let’s get began.
Right here’s what you’ll want:
- A pencil
- Brown development paper (or recycled plain brown paper grocery luggage)
- Multicolored development paper
- Glue sticks
- Stickers, glitter, pipe cleaners, or different decorations (elective)
Right here’s what to do:
- Hint your outstretched hand onto a chunk of brown development paper after which lower it out.
- Minimize the multicolored development paper into teardrop shapes. Then glue them to the paper hand in between the fingers to make “feathers.”
- Use a marker to attract a turkey face onto the thumb of the hand. In case you’d like so as to add some decorations corresponding to stickers, glitter, or the rest, now’s the time!
- Select one of many following enjoyable details and write it on the again of the turkey:
- Within the wild, turkeys can fly at speeds of as much as 55 miles per hour and run at speeds of as much as 25 miles per hour.
- Child turkeys normally stick with their mothers till they’re 5 months outdated, and mom turkeys will bravely defend their households towards hazard.
- Wild turkeys can reside to be as much as 10 years outdated and are born with full-color imaginative and prescient.
- Turkeys are naturally curious animals who’re at all times trying out new sights and smells.
- Turkeys love greeting guests and making associates, and so they can bear in mind the faces of individuals they’ve met.
- You’re achieved! Show the lovable turkey in your own home—in your fridge, in your bed room, or in your entrance door. Don’t overlook to take an image of it to share with all your loved ones and associates, too!