To maintain the lights on, we obtain affiliate commissions through a few of our hyperlinks. Our overview course of.
All of us need a simple solution to preserve our canines secure in our yards whereas giving them room to roam free. However who desires the trouble of constructing a fence or burying a bunch of wires within the floor? Now, you’ve got a easy answer to maintain your canine contained. With no wires, an easy-to-use app, GPS monitoring, and different implausible options, the SpotOn GPS Fence Gen 2 might be the very best match in your wants. We’ll discover how this superior system works, whether or not it’s well worth the excessive price ticket and rather more.
SpotOn Digital Fence General Ranking
We primarily based our total score on this digital fence’s options, expertise, efficiency, pricing, and buyer suggestions.
Execs & Cons Comparability Desk
|Can create a number of, overlapping wi-fi fences over 100s of acres||Very costly|
|Simple to arrange||Requires a minimal of 1/2 acre|
|Actual-time alerts and correct GPS monitoring||Possible received’t match very small or very giant canines (10″-26″ neck sizes)|
|IP-67 waterproof score|
|Cell apps get good opinions|
|1-year restricted guarantee|
|45-day money-back assure|
|15% low cost on multi-collar purchases|
|Made within the USA|
- Skill to arrange overlapping digital fences (it may retailer as much as 20 fences at a time) by strolling the boundary or through the map within the SpotOn app (iOS app | Android app)
- Consists of step-by-step coaching directions plus a 30-minute coaching session with a licensed SpotOn coach
- Get immediate alerts in case your canine leaves the yard (requires their mobile subscription)
- Actual-time monitoring, which robotically updates each 6 seconds (requires their mobile subscription)
- Pulls GPS location information from as much as 30 satellites throughout 4 world satellite tv for pc techniques (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Beidou)
- Forest Mode enhance GPS reliability in areas with dense tree cowl
- Customizable tone, vibration, and static correction ranges (static is elective)
- Rechargeable battery lasts as much as 18 hours in containment mode and 12 hours in monitoring mode
- SpotOn canine collar is available in 3 adjustable sizes, starting from 10″ to 26″ neck circumference
- Glorious portability for tenting, holidays, visiting mates’ homes, and so forth., and can be utilized over any terrain
- U.S.-based buyer assist through cellphone, stay chat, and e mail
How Does SpotOn Work?
The total SpotOn system is contained within the collar and user-friendly smartphone app. To set it up, you first hyperlink the SpotOn collar to the cell app through Bluetooth. Then, along with your cellphone and collar in hand, stroll the realm the place you need your canine contained. This robotically creates an invisible fence between the collar and the app.
When your canine comes inside 10 toes of the boundary, the collar points two units of tones earlier than producing a vibration or elective static correction. The primary alert tone is a sign to your canine that he’s on the fringe of the fence. (You’ll prepare him to return to the middle of the fence when he hears it.)
In case your canine continues to maneuver towards the boundary, the collar points the second warning tone, which is harsher, shortly adopted by a vibration or elective static correction on the boundary or simply past it. In case your canine will get out of your boundary, you may obtain immediate alerts and observe his location utilizing your app. Luckily, SpotOn provides you wonderful coaching instruments that will help you and your pup grasp boundary coaching.
SpotOn provides a 45-day money-back assure and a one-year guarantee.
Whereas a subscription isn’t necessary, the system is proscribed with no plan. Whereas the fences work with no subscription, you need to have SpotOn’s AT&T or Verizon mobile protection service to obtain alerts that your canine has left your yard and to have the ability to observe his whereabouts in your smartphone. You will get a 90-day free trial for those who join the one or two-year plan.
- $9.95/month (month-to-month)
- $7.95/month (1-year plan)
- $5.95/month (2-year plan)
See How To Set Up A SpotOn Fence (Video)
This video exhibits you ways simple it’s to arrange a fence utilizing SpotOn’s system by strolling your property. You may as well create fences through a map of their app.
What’s Our Closing Verdict?
Though the worth for the SpotOn GPS fencing system is prohibitive for some canine house owners, it’s a superb solution to preserve your canine secure for those who can afford it. The system is easy to arrange and use, the apps and GPS monitoring are dependable, and we love that you simply get free coaching supplies and a session with a licensed coach.
If the price is a turnoff or you’ve got a yard that’s too small to work with this method, you might wish to think about SpotOn’s most important GPS fencing competitor, Halo collar, which is far inexpensive (see how these two techniques examine head-to-head. You might also wish to try our opinions of the greatest wi-fi canine fences to see if there’s a greater, extra reasonably priced match for you. We even have opinions of the greatest GPS canine collars and sensible collars, however these don’t embody a wi-fi fencing function.
Tagged With: Containment, Overview