The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is in search of an Editor-in-Chief to hitch the editorial workforce of Journal of Zoology.
Journal of Zoology publishes high-quality, authentic analysis papers and critiques that advance our understanding of animals and their methods. Matters embrace, however aren’t restricted to, ecology, animal behaviour, anatomy, developmental biology, evolution, genetics, genomics, morphology and physiology.
We welcome purposes from any educational who feels they might drive the event of Journal of Zoology from an editorial and neighborhood perspective. By making this open name we’re aiming to draw purposes from researchers all over the world.
The primary obligations of the Editor-in-Chief embrace:
- Working with Senior Editors to develop the editorial technique and course of the Journal
- Offering editorial oversight to make sure honest and constant peer assessment and the very best requirements of scientific apply within the analysis revealed within the Journal
- Appearing as an envoy and creating a way of neighborhood across the Journal by way of e.g., editorials, options or social media posts, in order that readers and potential authors are inspired to see the Journal as a house for his or her analysis
- Commissioning Particular Points, critiques or mini-series that enhance understanding of a selected matter in zoology
- Main the Journal’s Equality, Variety and Inclusion initiatives by creating alternatives for wider participation
- Selling the Journal at conferences
- Attending Editorial Board conferences
The Editor-in-Chief will not be anticipated to deal with submitted papers however could also be requested to approve remaining choices made by editorial board members. Administrative help is offered by the Editorial Workplace on the Zoological Society of London (ZSL). The Editor-in-Chief will obtain an annual honorarium of £1500.
A researcher with a PhD in a discipline related to the Journal’s scope
Sturdy publication document for present profession stage
Experience in related topic areas
Earlier editorial expertise
To use, please e mail your CV and a canopy letter to JZO.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please define your editorial expertise so far and describe why you wish to be part of the workforce. For additional info, please e mail email@example.com
Deadline for purposes: 31 October 2022